Online Class - Copperplate Capitals
Let's learn online.
This Capitals workshop is good for complete beginners, as well as those who has already covered the basics with us in Modern Calligraphy. Copperplate Calligraphy, more accurately known as the English Roundhand, is one of the styles of traditional calligraphy using the dip pen, or the pointed pen.
You are in for a treat in this thorough content for the Capital letters of the alphabet. This online class covers all the essentials, from fitting the nib on the holder, and introduction to paper to a systematic demonstration of the Capitals. You can watch, rewatch, pause and replay, and write along anytime, anywhere.
The bumper pack of a PDF will include plenty of practice opportunities. Left-handers are welcome as right-handers are.
We are the only studio in Singapore that teaches regular calligraphy classes. Since 2013, we have welcomed countless students including designers, artists, planners, brides- and grooms-to-be. We also have a long list of amazing clientele for our commissioned work, private classes as well as live calligraphy booths: Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, among others. Peek at our record here.
Get digital content right away
- A printable 61-page PDF
- Access to 7 instructional videos online
- Single-person usage per 1x quantity purchase*
GOOD TO KNOW
There are 4 options available to you:
- Basic — This is a digital product* that excludes all physical materials.
- Basic with Starter Kit — The Starter kit includes the Deuce Holder (Right Handed), Moon Palace Sumi Ink, Nikko G set of 3 nibs. This is mailed to you by tracked package option.
- Basic with 1-1 Consultation — We set up a 1-hour 1-1 online consultation via Google Meet or Skype.
- All in — This includes everything, videos, PDF, Starter Kit and the 1-1 Consultation
*You will gain access to view the videos online, and you will need to print out the exercises. We recommend using HP Everyday or Double A brand of paper. If you are looking to write freely with the Guide Sheet tucked underneath, we recommend Daler Rowney Layout Paper 45GSM, or a good quality 70GSM or thinner copier paper.
WHAT TO DO
- Simply add to cart.
- Click on "Proceed with Payment" when you're ready to check out.
- To download the PDF, click link on the order confirmation page (after payment), or click link on the email notification.
- To access the videos and/or set up a 1-1 Consultation, check your email Inbox for a set of instructions.
- Introduction to materials
- Fitting the nib
- Introduction to paper
- Basic strokes — key moves repeated in the Capitals
- Learning the Capitals in a systematic way
- Practise by tracing over
- Practise by writing freely
IMPORTANT: CLICK TO READ IN FULL THE WORKROOM: TERMS & CONDITIONS BEFORE MAKING PAYMENT.
For sake of clarity, we emphasise that in the case of purchase of digital products, including but not exclusively PDFs and online video tutorial subscriptions, no physical product will be issued. Purchase is final and no refund, replacement or exchanges will be made. All Discount Codes and Work Points, including Work Point accumulation, are not applicable for all subscriptions.
Please email info[at]theworkroom.sg for all enquiries. Thank you!